Deeper than the classic Staub cocotte, this round oven is ideal for cooking food that calls for added height, such as tall bone-in cuts of meat, high-rising soufflés, and layered recipes like casseroles, stratas and tians. High sides make room for the chunkiest stews, and you can deep-fry and sear without messy stovetop splatters.
- Heavyweight enameled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Multicoat enameling creates a glossy, vibrantly colored "majolique" finish that resembles fine ceramics; Matte Black selection features low-gloss matte enameled finish.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- Specially formulated black matte interior enamel of each piece contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a rougher surface for better browning.
- Dozens of precisely placed bumps on the lid's interior funnel evaporated juices directly back to food for moist, tender results.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions: 9.5"Dia. x 5.5"H (7.25"H w/ lid); 5 QT.